International Maths Day
Our Nursery and Reception children used 1 metre of string to explore measuring everyday objects outside.
Things with String
10 things to do with a 1m piece of string.
- Make a bow and arrow
- Thread leaves together into a garland
- Measure your head and compare your height
- Make a friendship bracelet
- Tie it to a stick and take your stick for a walk
- Measure how far you can jump
- Make a shape on the floor
- Make a cat’s cradle
- Use it to lift something heavy
- Make a fishing rod. You could add a magnet to the end and catch paper clips